The Disappearence Of The Skelton Boys – What Really Happened To Them

The Skelton BoysThe Skelton Boys
On Thanksgiving Day, in 2010, Tanya Zuvers’ life was ripped apart. That's that day that the Skelton boys, Tanya's three young sons, disappeared forever. Tanner was 5, Alexander was 7 and Andrew was 9. The boys were last seen playing in their father’s backyard on November 25th. Tanya was going to pick up her kids from their father’s house, only blocks away from her own house, in the town of Morenci, Michigan. John Skelton had the boys for the day, as he and Tanya had filed for divorce in September of that year.
What Happened

On September 13th, John Skelton picked up the boys and left for Ohio without a word. He returned a few days later. A few weeks after that, he took the boys to Florida, again with no ones knowledge. An emergency court hearing saw the Skelton boys returned to Michigan and to their mother. After these alarming events, Tanya pressed for, and was granted, full custody of the children.

John was given visitation rights. And, on this particular holiday, the Skelton boys were staying over with their father for one night.

The Skelton Boys Did Not Return
The trouble started when the boys did not get dropped off at Tanya’s home at the agreed upon time. This prompted Tanya to call John. But John did not respond. Tanya went to John’s Facebook page, where she saw a cryptic status he had posted. It read “May God and Tanya forgive me.” Tanya instantly freaked! She called John again and this time he answered but started giving her alarming non-answers about the children’s whereabouts.
Tanya Immediately Called The Police
The Skelton BoysJohn told the authorities that he had given the Skelton boys to “a friend” named Joanne Taylor, whom he met online. According to John, he had attempted to hang himself, and wanted the boys out of the house when he committed suicide. He thus asked Joanne to take the boys away. John said he didn’t have a phone number or address for Joanne and he couldn’t even say what state or country she lived in. The police searched John’s home. They uncovered web searches for “how to break someone’s neck” and “poisoning.” But they could find nothing about a Joanne Taylor. They also found a few suspicious items such as bottles of bleach, stain remover and odor remover.
The Amber Alert Was Issued For The Skelton Boys
The hunt for the missing brothers began. Investigators searched for anyone named Joanne Taylor, with any sort of connection to John Skelton. They found absolutely nothing. And for good reason. John had made the whole thing up! He finally admitted his lie. But then he came back with the claim that he had given the children to “an organization.” He named a group called United Foster Outreach, as well a group called Underground Sanctuaries. No such organizations exist. The Skelton BoysJohn Skelton was arrested and charged with three counts of kidnapping and three counts of unlawful imprisonment. He is currently serving 10 to 15 years in prison. John has consistently maintained that he never hurt his children. He also insists that he knows where they are and maintains the boys are still alive and that they are safe. As John Skelton sits in prison, the whereabouts of the Skelton boys remain unknown. The hunt for Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner continues and will until they are found.   credit - the line up